The Go2Team is THE realtor team when it comes to Complimentary Home Staging, and with our YEARS of experience staging the smallest to the largest of homes, boy do we have some stories to tell!
Most people think of staging as moving furniture, adding decor, creating open spaces. You know, those kinds of things. But staging takes on a lot of forms and fashions.
Here’s our Punch List to prepping a home for sale:
1. Decluttering the Home —Moving extra stuff out of the house, make the house look bigger, make it look more inviting, spacious, not stuffed with furniture, & decor.
2. Clean the ENTIRE House — Can’t believe this has to be mentioned, but, yeah…Don’t even think about skipping this one! Let’s get that home dialed-in and cleaned.
3. Remove Pets During Showings! — Yep, some folks are afraid of animals! And, there was that time a beloved cat escaped to the great outdoors during a showing…what a scary moment! 🙀
4. Improve the Home’s Curb Appeal — The outside of the home – Because, First Impressions are HUGE 👀 Pro-Tip: Pressure-washing your driveway, entrances, and walkways go FOREVER on curb appeal! – Also, see #10
5. Clean Your Carpets! — Totally freshens up the look & smell of the home!
6. Professional Photos — which you wouldn’t necessarily think of staging, but it is staging the home online
7. Minor Repairs — SO WORTH IT!
8. De-Personalize the Home — Don’t distract potential buyers with your Star Trek collectibles 👽
9. Painting Touch-Ups — Could possibly keep you from having to repaint EVERYTHING…
10. Landscape the Outdoor Areas — You won’t believe how far fresh mulch, a mow, hedge trimming and a leaf blower can take you!
11. Grouting — Ewwww! Imagine yourself seeing mildewed or broken grouting in a home you are thinking to buy…NOT attractive!
12. Make Sure the Home SMELLS Great! — Essential! Don’t be nose-blind. 🙊
⭐️ RULE OF THUMB: Imagine yourself walking through a home you may want to purchase..what would stand-out negatively to YOU?? 🧐
Most of our list focuses on cleaning, small renovations, getting the home dialed in visually…these are the conversations we find essential to help our Sellers get to top dollar, no matter what price-point your home falls in!